Thursday, November 12, 2009

La Lune



I see the moon,
The moon sees me
God bless the moon,
And God bless me.

-A nursery rhyme

I was born on July 13th, which makes me a Cancer, a moon child. Ever since I was a little girl, the moon has had a positive, calming effect on me. I recall late nights staring up at the sky, and having quiet conversations with that lovely beam of light. I would feel a soft, soothing glow fall upon my body. It made me feel loved. Many times I felt the moon was the only thing aware of my presence on this entire planet. Nowadays, I still smile when I'm under the dreamy moonlight. The hypnotic glow will always make me feel alive, and loved by something greater than anything on this little planet. The moon stills gives me hope that something incredible is heading in my direction.

3 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

LOL that's my mom's birthday!. Mine is on the 19th... I love that rhyme...I bet u know the story "Goodnight Moon".

Cassandra Dias said...

cute little picture!

Shell said...

I love the moon, too. To me it's like an old friend.