Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Be Happy



Happiness is a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.

People are always telling me to just "be happy". They forget there might be a reason there isn't a smile on my face today.

Research has identified a number of attributes that correlate with happiness: relationships and social interaction, extraversion, marital status, employment, health, democratic freedom, optimism, religious involvement, income and proximity to other happy people. (Source: Wikipedia)

I'm hoping I'll get brave enough to write about certain events of last year, many that have spilled over into 2010. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Girl, I certainly can understand what u are saying... Funny how u should have this post... Right now, being happy is not on my plate... Its just the start of a new year and two things have happened which have killed any feeling of happiness I had.

javaturtle said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this. People will say not to worry and that things will get better. Maybe it will, but for the moment, at least for me, that's hard to believe. I have good days for the most part, but the bad stuff lingers in the background and decides to pop up at the worst times. Does that make sense?

I'm getting ready to go to bed but will be checking my emails later in the afternoon. If you want to talk feel free to email me. Take care. javaturtle@live.com.