Friday, September 18, 2009

A Very Short Movie Review

I blame Vincent Price for the majority of the nightmares I had as a child. In this movie he plays host to a group of people invited to a mansion. If they make it through the night alive and well they will each be given $10,000! (I guess this was a lot of cash in the late 1950’s.) The group chosen are the typical bunch - let’s see, there’s the doctor, a pretty boy, the untainted virgin, a boozer, and a creepy old fool. Vincent is married to a bodacious blonde bombshell who is only with him for his fortune. This movie has some shocking special effects - hanging skeletons, vats of acid, bloody heads hidden in suitcases, creepy looking servants, and even pianos that play by themselves. This is scary stuff I tell you! Who lives? Who dies? Who cares? It's definitely a party movie. Invite your buddies over, blend up some margaritas, make some popcorn and get ready for some scary fun.

Click here for more information about this cult classic.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

Great review! You are absolutely correct; this is a true black and white horror classic! This is one of my favorite old time movies. I also own a copy!

javaturtle said...

Thanks Jesse. It's one of my favorites too. I should get my own copy to add to my DVD collection.