Friday, April 17, 2009

Music = Life


While sitting here in Starbucks a familiar tune came floating over the airwaves, Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1: Prelude No. 1 In C, by Johann Sebastian Bach. This is is one of my favorite pieces of music. I happily soak in the soothing melody since classical music is rarely played here. As the music ends I wait to hear what comes up next. Much to my surprise the second track from this CD comes on, "Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1: Prelude No. 9 In E". Wow, I'm in heaven! I end up savoring 6 more of wonderful tracks.

Bach for Book Lovers
is one of my favorites CDs. I purchased it back in 1998. Back then I spent most of my time reading or writing stories at coffeehouses. I didn't own a laptop yet. I'll admit, I spent too much time online. I need to find that balance between the Internet and holding a real book in my hands again. It's time to slow down and stimulate my mind - without the harsh glare from my computer screen. Hearing the lovely, relaxing sounds of Bach was just the nudge I needed. Thanks, Johann.

4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

well, u got my curiosity piqued.. i checked out the above cd online... i liked it but somehow the 'breakfast' cd appealed more- guess i'm a sucker for flutes, violins and harps... guess barnes will get my money today!. lol

javaturtle said...

There are a number of great titles in the series. I also own Mozart for Morning Coffee: Freshly Brewed to Perk Up Your Day. It great. I forgot to add a link for CD. I do that right now. Also, thanks for your other comments. I will respond to them soon, and add comments to your blog too.

Bob McDermott said...

Perhaps you should get a "Kindel" (sp?) Rita's been thinking of getting one.

javaturtle said...

Kindles are nice when you don't want to carry a heavy book around. Also great for traveling. I bought a Palm Pilot (PDA) when it first came it. It was great because I could read stories everywhere. The only problems were the lighting and the small screen. There are 100s of websites that offer free novels, short stories, etc. All the classics which was nice. I just found this link. I had no idea the screen was so big.
http://kindlereviews2009.com/

Thanks for visiting my little blog.