Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Photography - Costa Rican Delight


I'm coming across a lot of old pictures lately that are full of good memories. I was getting ready to enjoy some delicious coffee a friend sent while he was traveling in Costa Rica. I love the design on the coffee bag (which I plan to frame someday). That's one of my favorite coffee cups. I've had it about 8-9 years. I'd carry it into The Daily Grind (De La Vina & Mission Street) to get that coffee discount. I'm surprised it never broke in the truck of my car. The Goleta store closed long ago, but the Santa Barbara location (about 7-8 blocks from downtown), is alive and always crowded. Great coffee, smoothies, sandwiches and salads too. The delicious pastries and muffins are to die for. (Photo: Me)

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

No handle on that cup? or is it hidden? Ya know, I don't remember ever coming across The Grind, must be a small place?

javaturtle said...

There is a handle on the left side of the cup. It's hidden by the coffee bag.

The Daily Grind is actually pretty big. There's a nice outdoor patio area and free w-fi too. It's easy to drive right by it when going down De La Vina. McConnell's Ice Cream is directly across the street on the corner, and the original Cajon Kitchen is across from McConnell's. Derf's Cafe is located on the other corner.

Here's a link with some other reviews and a map: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-daily-grind-coffee-and-tea-station-santa-barbarafe