Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Photography - Sad Girl


This young girl was sitting on the curb during the Summer Solstice Celebration. She looked so unhappy and lonely. I watched her from a bench for a couple of minutes, and was drawn to the smiley drawing on her face; the total opposite of the vibe she was putting out. Normally I would have gone over and asked if she was alright, but I held back. A part of me felt it was wrong to take her picture, but I really wanted to capture that moment. I wish I could have zoomed in on her face, but wasn't close enough. She got up a few minutes later and continued walking down the street. I prayed she'd be in a happier mental place soon.

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

R u sure she was sad? Not medicated, if u know what I mean? just sayin'. there were many times when I thought someone was in a certain mood and turned out they weren't...Nice shot btw.

javaturtle said...

I observed her for a few minutes before taking the picture. After majoring in the Alcohol and Drug Counseling program, she didn't seemed to be on any drugs. Perhaps she had a fight with her friends or boyfriend. Anyway, I'm glad you like the picture.